Every innovation, product improvement, or new technology is the result of scientific insight. A part of Washington State University’s Institute for Shock Physics (ISP), the Applied Sciences Laboratory (ASL) provides a bridge that translates scientific research into practical solutions. As a self-sustaining, contract research organization, ASL works with government and industry to provide multidisciplinary expertise that results in real solutions, to real problems in real time.
Focusing on national security, advanced materials, and energy, our research scientists provide expertise in:
- Materials science and advanced materials development
- Optical science, sensors, and laser technology
- Computational modeling and simulations
- Polymer chemistry and green applications for industry
- Corrosion prevention
- Dynamic response of materials